SERVICES AND ACCESSORIES
3.1 SHARPENING AND REVULCANIZING SERVICE
Blades guarantee good cutting performance when properly used, sharpened, and maintained.
ALFE Cutting offers blade sharpening and spacer re-vulcanizing services to its customers at the ALFE facilities in Spain and Mexico.
3.2 BLADE STORAGE CABINETS
We offer several different models of metal cabinets where slitter knives and rubber-bonded spacers can be properly stored and preserved by protecting them from picking up impurities from the surrounding environment.
3.3 SET-UP CALCULATION PROGRAM FOR SLITTER LINES SLAS®
We have proprietary set-up software that calculates and displays the key parameters for the perfect set-up for knives and spacers with the proper clearances based on the characteristics of the sheet metal to be cut.
This software can be used on a network or locally and offers great connectivity. The software’s features include the following:
- Customizable update service.
- Several different set-up solutions can be proposed.
- Sharpening control.
- Highly adaptable to customer’s operations.
- Ability to add or remove tooling.
3.4. BLADE COATING SERVICE
We partner with a highly experienced, top-quality contractor to apply coatings and specialized surface treatments. Coatings like hard chromium, titanium nitride, titanium carbonitride and others can be applied when required by extreme working conditions.
3.5. AUTOMATED INSTALLATIONS
Through a joint venture with Ingemat, we offer a proprietary automated slitter loading system called SliCut that can load and unload tooling based on individual cutting programs. These systems can improve precision of set-ups, improve safety, and dramatically reduce human error when loading blades and spacers.
- Rotary magazines are used with storage positions based on the dimensions of the parts. This rotary magazine can be replaced or complemented by a fixed magazine.
- The pieces can be set up directly on the crosshead or on the cutting head, if allowed by the line.
- Possibility to use it with both new tooling and with existing tooling at the customer facility.
- The hardware is integrated within our SLAS® software, which coordinates the robot’s tasks.
- The system can be integrated in other installations as long the pieces can be positioned accurately enough within the robot’s area of operations.