3.5. AUTOMATED INSTALLATIONS
Through a joint venture with Ingemat, we offer a proprietary automated slitter loading system called SliCut that can load and unload tooling based on individual cutting programs. These systems can improve precision of set-ups, improve safety, and dramatically reduce human error when loading blades and spacers.
- Rotary magazines are used with storage positions based on the dimensions of the parts. This rotary magazine can be replaced or complemented by a fixed magazine.
- The pieces can be set up directly on the crosshead or on the cutting head, if allowed by the line.
- Possibility to use it with both new tooling and with existing tooling at the customer facility.
- The hardware is integrated within our SLAS® software, which coordinates the robot’s tasks.
- The system can be integrated in other installations as long the pieces can be positioned accurately enough within the robot’s area of operations.