The company´s history

1940:

Start of activity at the facilities in Bilbao (Biscay).

1960:

Company moved to Derio (Biscay), where it launched a new industrial activity by purchasing new, more versatile and higher capacity machinery to respond to customers’ demands and to the requirements of a constantly changing market.

2009:

Latest stage in the transformation of Manufacturas ALFE with another move, this time to the town of Artea (Biscay), where considerable work was done to expand the facility’s useful surface area to 7200m².

2011:

The company started applying basic PVD coatings to improve the performance of blades in demanding operating conditions.

2015:

Manufacturas ALFE was acquired by the company WOLCO (renowned company in the Basque Country that makes cutting tools), and its name changed to ALFE Cutting.

2016:

ALFE Cutting started to incorporate cutting-edge powder metallurgy steels and PVD coatings tailored to new market demands, focusing in particular on the automotive sector.

New machinery purchased for the shop in order to achieve better finishes with stricter tolerances.